The Open Democracy Project is a community story. Hundreds of volunteers, donors and campaign teams have come together over the past five months driven by a shared vision — providing expert advice and powerful tools to any campaign team running for municipal office and maintaining an open platform to build on that knowledge from one election to the next.
The hard work is paying off. We're excited to report that:
- Katie Gilfillan has taken on the role of Toronto Group Chair, coordinating weekly team meetups of 10 - 20 volunteers & new recruits.
- Sam Gregory is leading an Ontario Regional Executive and is working closely with the Open Democracy Project Board on a 2-year strategic plan.
- DemocracyKit presented to 50 women candidates and volunteers at the January Ask Her & Equal Voice Campaign School in Calgary. We're now working with Calgary organizers to launch a DemocracyKit training series in prep for the Fall 2017 Alberta municipal election.
- We're growing! The Ottawa DemocracyKit Group starts up next week (details below). Thanks to the work of Christine Martel-Fleming, Megan Beretta, Micah Richardson, Sebastian Muermann and our friends at Civic Tech Ottawa we have 50 guests registered for the Town Hall at MediaStyle April 5, 6:30pm.
- The countdown is on – DemocracyKit will launch April 25 (details below) thanks to working groups led by Avery Au, Connor Bays, Riley Peterson and Brad Marcoux.
Launch & Demo – You're Invited!
We’re now just over three weeks away from the launch of DemocracyKit – Your Campaign Team Guide. We hope you will join us to celebrate this important milestone.
RSVP for the DemocracyKit launch & demo on April 25, 5:45pm - 7pm. Remarks at 6:15pm, demo at 6:30pm.
DemocracyKit Ottawa Group
Canada’s capital city has always been a hub of dynamic municipal politics, a centre for local action, and now has an emerging civic tech landscape. This is why the timing is ripe for the local launch of DemocracyKit in Ottawa!
Join us for the DemocracyKit Ottawa Group Town Hall where we will present plans for launch of the Ottawa group, socialize with fellow campaigners, and hear from special guest, Councillor Catherine McKenney.
RSVP today or help us spread the word!
WHEN: Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 6:30pm–8:30pm
WHERE: The Commons at MediaStyle, 131 Bank St, 3rd floor
Thanks to our event sponsor MediaStyle.